Wednesday, October 31, 2007

100 Wishes Quilt

We are working on making a 100 wishes quilt for our daughter. It is tradition in China for friends to bring the expectant mother pieces of fabric and she makes a quilt for the baby. Adopting parents in America have taken the tradition as a way to keep busy in the long wait. They also sew the pieces together with red tread, a symbol of the Chinese folk tale that everyone who is supposed to be together is connected with an invisible red thread.

We want to make one for our daughter and one for Sam (so he is not left out). If you have any fabric you want to send our way, we would be very happy to add it to the quilts. If you need to purchase fabric, you can visit our friend's quilt shop at www.dovelyquilts.com. She is also located on east Capital Drive above the out post. The owner, Sarah will be helping me put the quilt together. I would like to start putting it all together at the end of November.

1 comment:

Jennifer Elizabeth said...

Dear Stolpes,
My husband and I are considering using Homeland Adoption as our agency for adopting from China. When I googled the agency, your blog came up :) Would you mind e-mailing me to let me know of your experiences with them? (djpetry@juno.com)

Jennifer