Thursday, May 15, 2008

A few more layers are gone


In the mornings I'll put Elizabeth in the chair with Sam while I am finishing getting all our stuff ready to leave. She just snuggles in with him. He always love a good snuggle and is so happy to have her sit with him. She is just fascinated with him and watches him and sits right with him. It is so sweet to see. Everyone keeps asking me how Sam is doing. They also ask how he was in China. I keep telling everyone that he was the best traveler of all of us and he has had the best adjustment of us all too since we are home. He just adores his baby sister and completely dotes on her. He has not shown any signs of jealousy either. Now I am probably jinxing myself. Well probably not, Sam is very easy going and he has always wanted a baby sister. We try to do things with just him still so I think that helps too.
Slowly we are breaking through Elizabeth's shell, layer by layer. Today we were at the park and she loved going down the slide. I would put her at the top and pull her a little to get her started and then catch her. She would squeal and giggle and just loved it. Then she started to lean forward to slide on her own, completely trusting me to catch her. I was so excited. We did it several times. I can't wait to go back to the park.
This week her cast is bright green. You can see it peaking out on this picture a little bit. The doctor was really pleased with her foot's progress. She is doing fine with it and does not seem to mind it. She is funny and will purposely clunk it against things just to hear the noise or get our attention.
We are just so amazed with her and so in love with her. I am so amazed with Sam too. The dog is a different story.......

No comments: