Monday, September 22, 2008

Book Review

Several people had suggested reading the book: Toddler Adoption: The Weaver's Craft by Mary Hopkins-Best. I wish someone had suggested it BEFORE we adopted Elizabeth. So for those of you out there waiting, I am suggesting it. Go read it. Now, I must disclose that I have not read the whole thing. I am sort of reading random parts that apply to where we are. It would have been so helpful to have before we went. I think it should be required reading. Those online classes did nothing. Now, she talks in pretty general terms and her toddler was adopted from Guatemala or somewhere like that, so the situation is pretty different from China adoptions. Anyway, there are a lot of good things to think about, do and prepare for. While I am suggesting reading, I suggest limiting your online yahoo group reading to a minimum and read things that are actually helpful like this book or others that might be out there. I found it very helpful to read a mom's blog who was about a month ahead of us. I wish I had read this book before, but I am reading it now and catching up. So there is my suggestion for reading.

No comments: