Tuesday, July 08, 2008

One in, One out




On Sunday Sam lost his first tooth! I know this is Stolpe Adoption blog, it should all be about E. No, I can post about Sam too! It sort of has to do with her too. The one in, is E popped out a new tooth this week and Sam lost one!

He stayed up at Pike Lake with Grammy and Grandpa this weekend. We came home with E on Saturday. He had some much needed time with his grandparents. He was starting to have some behavior struggles. He kept saying, "I don't want to talk about it". I think it was more, I don't understand why I am upset and I can't talk about it. I don't know that he could admit or realize he is jealous or upset with his sister. He loves her so much and always wants to be with her. On the other hand, he just does not get the same amount of attention from all of us. For over six years he was our only child and the only grandchild. He was the center of universe. Now he has a baby sister (who is a bit demanding) and a cousin who is crazy busy and therefore demanding of our attention. Sam is old enough to be independent and is on his own a lot. I spend so much time telling him no, not now, I have to take care of Izzy, no, Sam, maybe later, No, Sam stop doing that, she doesn't like it, No Sam, No Sam, No Sam, No Sam. I feel so bad and try to give him more attention when she goes to bed. But I am tired from working overnights and from being with them all day. Also, sometimes she is not too cooperative about going to bed really well. So, thankfully Grammy and Grandpa offered to keep him and he loved it and had a great time. This week he is at YMCA Day Camp and loving it too. He needed time to play with other kids his age too.

So, he finally lost a tooth. He was the last of all his friends. Even Soraya, who is six months younger has lost a few. The one next to the one that fell out is also loose, so it is in the middle. The new one is coming in already. He has a cute lisp now!

No comments: