Saturday, August 30, 2008

Holy Guacamole Batman!

When we were in the process of adopting Elizabeth I read all sorts of stories from other people. It was funny to read posts about "interesting" questions they would get about their adopted children like, "is rice their favorite food?" "can she use chopsticks?" "how much did she cost?" "does she speak Chinese?" So far I have not gotten too many questions. Since I don't like things to be awkward I usually answer peoples questions before they ask. I know they are in their heads. For example, when we are at the playground and people look at E and ask how old she is I usually reply, "she is 20 months and we have had her home from China for five months." I usually also say something like she is just really little or something. They look really surprised that she is so small for being 20 months and she is still not walking.

On Wednesday we were at Sam's school for his meet and greet with his new teacher. One of the kids in his class asked me if E was going to speak Chinese when she grew up. I asked him if he was going to speak Chinese when he grew up. I told him that if she took classes in Chinese or if he did then they could speak Chinese when they grew up.
So, is rice her favorite food? No. Pasta and fruit are on the top of the list. She also LOVES guacamole! As Grammy would say, "I bet she did not get that in the orphanage!" She will eat it as her main and only entree for a meal. She tolerates rice, but prefers noodles. Below are some pictures from lunch. She had a bowl of guacamole and was so happy to sit with her bowl and spoon and eat the whole bowl!






1 comment:

Mommy said...

Precious! She's a much better eater than I am. I do not like guacamole and I'm an adult. She looks like she is doing so well at home. Great news about her ortho appt. I read your post about who reads this blog...I DO! I DO! Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Mommy
(Xingfu)