Sunday, August 17, 2008

Someone actually reads this blog!

Often I post to this blog and I think I am just posting for me. Or for E and Sam when they get older. It is really cathartic to write out some of the things bouncing around in my head. I always hope people are reading this and sometimes people tell me they read something here. I know my mom reads it. Sometimes I put weird things in just to test if any one is reading this. Unlike an email, no one has to respond and you can't really tell if people are reading this. I do have to admit, I don't read other blogs much, so I can't complain about people not reading this. My father in law has a blog, I check it every now and then to see if there are articles about the family. The ones on theology I don't understand much. I do check out other blogs from our group of families that traveled to China together. It is nice to see the kids that came home with Elizabeth.

So tonight at church (http://www.milwaukeemennonite.org/) Devin, who had attended with us and moved to Denver was back for a visit. He brought his girlfriend and his parents came from Iowa to meet her and to worship with us. Since they live in Iowa, I have only met them a few times. Only when they came to Milwaukee to visit Devin and his sister who also lives in Milwaukee. It turns out they have been reading my blog! I guess Devin has been too and sending it to them when I update it. So, to the Yoders, thank you so much for reading this! I am glad you finally got to meet Elizabeth and it was great to see you all today.


It would not be a complete post with out a picture of E, so here it is from yesterday. Sam got out his old chair and set it up for her. He made sure to put the umbrella on it for her so the sun was not on her. He takes such good care of her and is a great big brother.



3 comments:

Ben Hochstedler said...

I read your blog! :-)

You should try using a feed reader to subscribe to others' blogs. Try out reader.google.com - it's really easy to use.

Sara said...

Hello Stolpes! We read your blog!! Always checking for updates and new pictures of E and Sam :-) We are getting closer to our little boy!!!! we have our LID...waiting for LSC/LOA. We did get to send him 2 care packages so far....how I would have loved to be there when he opened them......The kids love coloring pictures for him..so we include those in the packages too.

shelley said...

I read every week. We are waiting for our precious boy in Wuxi. I watched your journey and love to see your family bonding and growing together.