Friday, April 18, 2008

Ouch times five!

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch, Ouch, Ouch! That is how many times they poked my baby today! I know it is for her own good, but I have never seen her cry and wail and scream like that. The bright spot was that she settled down as soon as I picked her up and held her.

Today was her first trip to our family doctor, Dr. Sanchez. We have all been seeing him since Sam was born. The whole office was so excited to meet Elizabeth. He said she was doing great and was not concerned about her size and said some time at home with good food, love and stimulation she will be just fine. He was just in love with her and she was charming him. Then she got her first three immunizations. Then we had to go to the lab for blood work. It took two pokes, one in each elbow pit (that is what Sam calls that part of the arm) for them to get enough blood. We came home had tylenol, a big bottle and a nap. When I picked Sam up from school he was just awful. He was sassy, nasty and yucky. I said to my mother in law, I think he has an ear infection. He has had allergies or a cold all week. So I called the clinic and got him in. I was right, double ear infection starting! So now he is on antibiotics. So I was at the clinc twice, ouch!

Other than the ouches, we have had a great week! It has been nice to have Grandma Candy here to help with dishes, cooking, laundry and especially baby snuggling! That is her favorite part. We took E to the Y to meet everyone there, she was great and charmed everyone. She went to Daddy's school today and charmed everyone again!

Wednesday we went to the zoo. I wanted to show E how nice our zoo was. Her cousin Jenna came (and her mom) and my friend Karin brought her daughter Lauryn. After the zoo we went to a restaurant that only serves grilled cheese! My brother found it. The girls loved it. E had a ton of grilled cheese and some french fries. To complete her "american" day, we also went to Target!





Thursday we had coffee and donuts at Cranky Al's. It is a great independent coffee shop right by Sam's school. Carmen and I dropped the kids off and walked over for treats with E and Jesse. She loved the donut! I got a regular glazed donut and she liked it, but Carmen gave her some of her chocolate, cream filled long john and she REALLY loved that one. Jesse had fun watching her and playing a little with her. Cranky Al's wife was so excited when I told her that we just got back from China with E. I am embarrased to say this, but they did ask me why I had not been in for a while. My chi latte consumption got pretty bad just before the trip to China.


Jesse only eats the top part with the sprinkles!



Her mouth is full of donut and she is showing me the ones in her hand! She loved the donuts! No coffee for her though, not yet!

No comments: