Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We are home


We are home and now I have to start doing my own posts. It was so nice to have Grandpa Norm post for me, it was so easy.

The trip home was great. E slept most of the way, Sam watched movies and slept. The flight attendants were so happy for us and gave us a bottle of champane. They also gave us a bassinet for E to sleep in.

It is great to be home. I was almost dizzy walking around in my house on Saturday when I got home. My mother in law is here and had chocolate chip cookies waiting for us! The Hartman Keisers came to visit on Saturday night. E was facinated with Lydia's braces.

We took her to church on Sunday and she did so well. They had a big meal, the theme was "sweety pie" in honor of E! It was great to see everyone, we had missed them all so much.

The kids are pretty messed up on their times still. We are doing ok, but since they keep getting up about 2AM, we are not getting as much sleep as we would like.

Today is my birthday. I got such a nice present from China two weeks ago. We went out to the Chancery for dinner. It was so nice to have a local meal. I have included a picture of Sam sharing his bomb pop with her. She had grilled cheese and loved it! She also had mac n cheese which she loved too. My parents, Nigel, Bridget, Jenna and Candy came too. We had a great time. Tomorrow we are going to the zoo! I can't wait to show E how nice zoos can be.


The bassinet at American Airlines. It was so nice to have this! We had the bulk head seats! So much leg room.

Sam was not tired, his eyes were just tired. Yeah, right! He was exausted! He was up at 3AM, then went to school all day and then crashed during dinner! It was just like most meals in Beijing, Sam sleeping at the table.


Our good friends the Maldanados came to church on Sunday. Their daughter Mira is seven months and weighs a few pounds more than E, but E is just a bit taller. Mira was pretty sad, but E tried to comfort her by patting her back!


Sam was so happy to be back at church. After the dinner the kids all went out the front lawn to play soccer. He was full of dirt and mud, but so happy and sweaty! He is in the red and blue jacket with his back to us.



Grandpa Kent had both Jenna and Elizabeth at the Chancery. Jenna was not too sure about sharing, but seemed to be ok.



Sam shared his Bomb Pop with Elizabeth at the Chancery. She really likes ice cream and sweets in general. She gets that from her Mommy!

It is so good to be home! Big thanks to our church, we won't have to grocery shop or cook for a very long time! Big thanks to the Pattersons for flying Grandma Candy up! She has been a huge help with laundry, dishes, watching the kids, cooking and baking. Since E's schedule is so messed up, she seems to be sleeping when I need to pick Sam up from school. It is nice to have her here to watch E.
The weather here is great, we have to get E used to the sunshine and being outside!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How absolutely DELIGHTFUL to see these photos of E at HOME. Eliza-bitty looks so content! And what a wonderful BIG BROTHER Sam is! I have collected some more clothes for you, but I seem to be missing a ton! I'm thinking that perhaps I gave them to our neighbor Jenny when she had her baby. I thought I had only given her 3 -6 month items. I'll keep looking. In the meanwhile, we'd love to come by some day next week after school. Let me know what would be best for you. Monday or Wednesday would be best for us.
Blessings,
Michelle