Sunday, March 09, 2008

100 wishes quilt, actually 200 wishes quilts

We finished the quilts! I should say my friend Sarah finished them. I could not have done this with out her. I just laid out the squares (that she cut) and she sewed it and put the back on. They are so wonderful. Thank you to everyone for giving us fabric and a good wish. Sam was really surprised because he knew we were working on one for Elizabeth, but he did not know he was getting one too. They are similar, but yet different enough and "boy" and "girl" enough. David's Aunt Elaine and Grandma Stolpe picked out the pink silky for the back of her quilt. Grammy Fran picked out the turtle fabric for the frame on the back. Grandma Candy sent fun and cute fabric that is sprinkled through out the front. Our friends, the Maldanados sent the Puerto Rican flags (Mike is Puerto Rican). All the squares are so meaning full, can you find your square? My Uncle Howie and Aunt Jeni sent the deer, Sarah had fun working that in! My friend Carmen gave us the cool tye-dye fabric. My friend Marlo sent the bees (it is the theme in her daughter's room). There is the pink flowers from Jenna's quilt and the sock monkeys from the blanket we made Jenna. Sam has had fun looking at all the different ones and asking who they came from. He has also been touching them all. Some have different feels, like the upholstery fabric and traditional turkish fabric from my friend Jeanne in Germany, or the bumpy fabric from Grandma Candy. David's co-worker, Nettie gave us the leopard print, her favorite. I imagine that Elizabeth and Sam will enjoy comparing and contrasting their quilts. Sarah made the "Stolpe Stars" in the center, they are the same fabric, but different arrangements, so one is more boyish and one is more girlish. I can't get over how incredible they are. I am so thankful for Sarah and her help and for all of you for sending me the fabric. We sewed it with red thread and tied it with red thread. I can't wait to wrap Elizabeth in her quilt. I hope she loves it and I am sure as she gets older we tell her about the people that gave us the fabric and good wishes, she will love it even more.

1 comment:

Ben Hochstedler said...

Pictures! We want to see pictures! :-)