Friday, March 21, 2008

Parting thoughts.....

I just wanted to share some parting thoughts. Last night on the way to the Maundy Thursday service David was saying how emotional he was and that this would be the last time we saw our church family with out Elizabeth. I told him not to get all blubbery and emotional. Then as soon as we started singing, I got all emotional! First I was thinking about the wonderful music that she will grow up hearing. Then I looked around and saw everyone and thought about the incredible family that she is coming home to and all the people that love her already. I was also sad because I won’t see everyone all for a while. We will really miss you all.

Then I came home and sent out an email to everyone on our email list to let them know we were leaving and remind them to check out our blog for updates while we are gone. I have been receiving the nicest and sweetest emails from everyone. I am touched that you all care so much and with all the prayers and well wishes that we are getting, this trip should be just fine.

Then I talked to my mom and she said everyone at the YMCA (members and co-workers) have been hugging her and wishing us all a great trip. She got several cards and one man (who just returned from CHina) gave her $20 and a card and said to have lunch on him while we are in China. Everyone is so excited about our trip, even the woman working in a store today was excited for us.

This journey has been so incredibly hard for David and me. With out your support I can not even imagine where we would be.

Today when I told David I felt sick with anxiety, he reminded me that God has been with us through this whole process and has made things possible where we could not have even imagined how things could or would work out. Miracles have happened so many places. Then David said, He would not have gotten us this far to leave us or let things go a stray. I know David is right.

I can’t even begin to express my gratitude for our friends, family, for our church and for God. Thank you all so much. Keep us in your prayers, we will be home soon!

Don't forget June 21, we will try to express some of our gratitude to you all with a big party at Pike Lake!

No comments: